Get a Library Card
We issue library cards to specific types of users. If you aren't eligible for a library card, there are other ways to use this library. A librarian can help you to understand your options. Ask a librarian if you have any questions about eligibility or how to use your library card. The following may get a library card.
- Judges and staff of the Wisconsin Court System
- Municipal judges in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin legislators and legislative staff
- Federal, state, and local government employees in Wisconsin
- Attorneys licensed in Wisconsin
- Staff of Wisconsin attorneys (authorization required)
- Wisconsin librarians in a law, public, academic, or school library
Frequently Asked Questions
Our frequently asked questions for library users address many common questions, such as how to renew materials, how to authorize staff to check out a book, and delivery options for books. Please Ask a Librarian if you have questions. Did you lose your library card? Call us for help at 800-322-9755.
Library Card Application / Account Update
Policies for Card Holders
Classes & Tours
- Need to get a refresher course or a tour of the library? Looking for CLE classes?
- Check our Classes and Library Tours
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions for quick answers