Family Legal Guide: Consumer Bankruptcy (American Bar Association)
Information on alternatives to bankruptcy & types of bankruptcy including chapter 7, chapter 12, & chapter 13. Includes chart comparing ch. 7 & ch. 13 bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy (Nolo.com)
Includes changes that took effect in October 2005.
- Bankruptcy (Lawyers.com)
Provides topical information, FAQs, articles, message boards & chat. Includes:
- Bankruptcy (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to federal statutes, regulations, judicial opinions, rules, etc.
Basics (The Federal Judiciary)
Designed "to provide the public with basic information on different aspects of the federal bankruptcy laws, to provide individuals considering bankruptcy with a basic explanation of the different chapters under which a bankruptcy case may be filed, and to answer some of the most commonly asked questions about the bankruptcy process."
- Bankruptcy: Answering Your Legal Questions (State Bar of WI)
- Bankruptcy Terminology (Western District of WI)
- Changes in the Law: 2005
In addition to the 2005 changes mentioned elsewhere in annotations on this page, see also:
- United States Bankruptcy Courts (The
Includes 2005 Bankruptcy Act resources, text of the Act and a list of filing fees effective Oct. 17, 2005.
- United States Bankruptcy Courts (The Federal Judiciary)
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Corporate Bankruptcy (U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin
- PACER $
Obtain case & docket information from federal circuit, district, and bankruptcy courts. Docket information includes a claims registry, a listing of parties & participants in the case, information about the suit & dollar demand, a chronology of case events, case status, types of documents filed for certain cases, judgments, and appellate court opinions. Search PACER by specific court or use the U.S. Party/Case Index
- Bankruptcy and Debt Amortization Forms from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
- Bankruptcy Forms (US Court)
- Census Bureau, IRS Data, and Administrative Expenses Multipliers for Forms 22A or 22C (US Dept. of Justice)
- U.S. Bankruptcy
Court. Eastern District of WI Forms
Select Bankruptcy Forms from left-hand menu.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Western District of WI Forms
- Public Companies
Locate information on public company bankruptcies including pre-filing information, cause of bankruptcy, outcome, etc. Generate statistical reports. Cases dating from 1980 to the present.
- Bankruptcy Statistics (Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts)
- Wisconsin Statutes ch. 128
- WI Statutes: ch. 128 "Creditors' Actions"
- Chapter 128 Debt Amortization Forms from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
- Check the law review articles on this page for more on Chapter 128
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- U.S. Code: 11 USC "Bankruptcy"
- U.S. Code: 18
USC 151-157 "Bankruptcy"
Bankruptcy statutes including criminal penalties for fraud and other misconduct.
Recommended links from our County Resources database:
- Application for Order of Satisfaction of Judgment Due to Discharge in Bankruptcy (Dane Clerk of Court)
- Application of Order for Satisfaction of Judgment Due to Discharge in Bankruptcy (Waukesha Clerk of Court)