Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Business Filings Databases (LLRX article, updated 2006)
- Business Law (WI State Law Library)
Provides links to resources about buying, maintaining, financing & selling a business.
- Corporate Records, Search WI (WI
Dept. of Financial Institutions)
Also known as CRIS: Corporate Registration Information System. View FAQs.
- Corporations (WI Dept.
of Financial Institutions)
Request copies of corporate annual reports, articles of incorporation & other charter documents. Obtain certificate of corporate status & statewide statistics. Access Wisconsin corporate & business law. Locate corporate forms. Learn how out-of-state organizations may transact business in Wisconsin. View FAQs.
- Corporations (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to federal statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Division of Corporations,
State of Delaware
Access Delaware corporate & business law, including the UCC. Retrieve status & information on a Delaware entity. Locate corporate forms.
- Division of Corporations, State of Delaware
- Researching companies
- Business Registration & Filing
Services (National Association of Secretaries of State)
Access registration information for profit & nonprofit domestic and/or foreign corporations by contacting state corporation offices. Also access contact information for state UCC filings & licensing offices.
- Corporate Information $ (Wright
Research over 350,000 companies. Search by country, state or industry. Read reports analyzing sales, dividends, earnings, profit ratios, research & development, inventory etc.
- Hoover's Online
Search for business information by company name, ticker, stock quote, IPO companies, industry keyword, executive name, etc. Browse companies A-Z or by industry. Additional subscriber tools available.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Thomas Global Register
Search by product/service or company name. Browse by category
Search or browse for product, service, or supplier. Browse companies by name. Find company contact information. Includes CAD drawings.
- Business Registration & Filing Services (National Association of Secretaries of State)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: ch. 178-226 "Partnerships and Corporations..."
- WI Statutes: ch. 401-411 "Uniform Commercial Code"
- WI Admin. Code: DFI-SEC 21-29 "Wisconsin Corporate Take-over Law"
- WI Statutes and Admin Code on Corporations (WI Dept of Financial Institutions)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Recommended links from our County Resources database:
- Registration of Firm Names (Dane Register of Deeds)