Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Constitution (Revisor of Statutes Bureau)
- On Point Case Summaries (WI State Public Defender)
- U.S. Constitution (Findlaw)
Select from list of articles & amendments or search by keyword. Includes annotations.
- Constitution of the United States: Analysis and Interpretation (GPO Access)
Includes: Proposed, unratified amendments; Acts held unconstitutional by the Supreme Court; State & municipal provisions held unconstitutional; Supreme Court decisions overruled by subsequent decision.
U.S. Constitution: Amendments
U.S. Constitution-related Documents
- Articles of Confederation (Findlaw)
- Bill of Rights (Avalon Project/Yale Law School)
- Declaration of Independence (Avalon Project/Yale Law School)
- Federalist Papers (Avalon Project/Yale Law School)
U.S. Constitutional Law & History
- The American
Constitution: A Documentary Record (Avalon Project/Yale Law
Provides chronological links to major documents leading up to the Constitution. Covers 1215 (Magna Carta)-1799. Sections include: Roots of the Constitution, Revolution & Independence, Credentials of the Members of the Federal Convention, The Constitutional Convention, and Ratification & Formation of the Government.
of Freedom (National Archives)
Text, history & images of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution & Bill of Rights.
Law (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to U.S. Constitution, federal opinions, and background documents.
from the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention, 1774-1789 (American Memory/Library of Congress)
Digital collection of 274 documents chronicling the founding of our nation, the Revolutionary War & the drafting and ratification of the Constitution. Documents include the Articles of Confederation, treaties, proclamations, debates, convention records, and early versions of the United States Constitution & Declaration of Independence. Search the collection by keyword or browse through the subject index. Text & document images may be viewed.
- The Founders' Constitution (P.B. Kurland & R.Lerner)
Compilation of 17th and 18th century documents which influenced or were authored by the writers of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights and amendments.
of the Constitution (Findlaw)
Law Review Articles
- Is the Wisconsin State Constitution Obsolete?
Marquette L. Rev. 90.3 (Spring 2007)
- Constitutional Law in a Nutshell
- Treatise on Constitutional Law: Substance and Procedure
- Wisconsin State Constitution: a Reference Guide