Wisconsin State Law Library

Serving the Wisconsin Supreme Court and State of Wisconsin

Skip to content

Website Catalog

County Legal Resources

Skip to related topics, library resources, and law review articles

Information by County

Agencies Legal Assistance Forms & Guides Ordinances & Court Rules



  • Child Support
    (715) 349-2555
    Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket.
  • Clerk of Court
    (715) 349-2147
    Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information. Small claims information concerning docketing and reopening judgments.
  • Corporation Counsel
    (715) 349-2168
  • County Clerk
    (715) 349-2173
    Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
  • District Attorney
    (715) 349-2167
  • Family Court Commissioner
    (715) 485-3118
  • Register in Probate
    (715) 349-2177
    Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
  • Register of Deeds
    (715) 349-2183
    Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
  • Sheriff's Department
    (715) 349-2121
    County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants

Legal Assistance Organizations

  • Aging and Disability Resource Center
    (877) 485-2372
  • AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
    (800) 878-6267, (414) 225-1578. Dedicated to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly in employment, housing, and health.
  • Burnett County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
    (715) 349-2164. Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
  • Community Referral Agency
    (800) 261-7233. Provides advocacy and services for victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
  • Judicare
    (800) 472-1638
    Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
  • Volunteer Legal Advocates and Court Watch
    (715) 349-7272
    Assists individuals to obtain TRO/Injunctions and attend court proceedings in domestic and sexual abuse cases

Forms & Guides

Ordinances & Rules

Ask a Question Top of Page