County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support
- Chippewa Valley Veterans Treatment Court
- Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- Corporation Counsel
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
- District Attorney
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
(800) 878-6267, (414) 225-1578. Dedicated to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly in employment, housing, and health.
- Chippewa County Bar Association Free Legal Clinic
Fourth Wednesday of every month; 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Chippewa Falls Public Library in Chippewa Falls.
- Chippewa County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 726-7733 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
- Family Support Center
(715) 723-1138 or (800) 400-7020 The mission of the Family Support Center is to help women, men and children end domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and other forms of interpersonal violence through education, prevention and intervention services.
Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
Forms & Guides
- Worthless Checks
- Worthless Checks Booklet and Form (District Attorney)
- Estate / Probate
- Conservatorship (Register in Probate)
- Probate (Register in Probate)
Formal probate, informal probate, summary settlement, summary assignment, special administration, transfer by affidavit, termination of testamentary trust, last will and testament filing.
- Termination of parental rights (Register in Probate)
- Adoption / Termination of Parental Rights
- Adoptions (Register in Probate)
- Guardianship (Register in Probate)
Incompetent person, minor, protective placement.
- Sheriff Sales (Foreclosures) (Sheriff's Department)
- Information about deeds (instruments of conveyance) (Register of Deeds)
- Small Claims
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Chippewa County.
- Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage, Domestic Partnership & Death Record Applications (Register of Deeds)
Ordinances & Rules