Wisconsin State Law Library

Serving the Wisconsin Supreme Court and State of Wisconsin

Skip to content

Website Catalog

County Legal Resources

Skip to related topics, library resources, and law review articles

Information by County

Agencies Legal Assistance Forms & Guides Ordinances & Court Rules



  • Child Support Agency
    (414) 615-2594 Information on establishing paternity, obtaining and enforcing child support, and interstate enforcement. Child support forms. Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket.
  • Clerk of Courts
    (608) 785-9590
    Information about small claims court and traffic court procedure. Contact information for judges and other court officials. Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
  • Corporation Counsel
    (608) 785-9577
  • County Clerk
    (608) 785-9581
    Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
  • District Attorney
    (608) 785-9604
  • Family Court Commissioner
    (608) 785-5600
  • Register in Probate
    (608) 785-9882
  • Register of Deeds
    (608) 785-9644
    Real estate parcel search. Property forms including land contract, termination of decedent's property interest, transfer by affidavit, transfer on death, and statement of mineral claim. Also marriage, birth and death certificate applications; firm name forms. Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
  • Sheriff's Department
    (608) 785-9629
    County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
  • Veteran's Court
    (608) 785-9719. The Veteran's Court assists veterans who may have an involvement with law enforcement or the courts.

Legal Assistance Organizations

  • Aging and Disability Resource Center
    Local Phone: 608-785-5700
    Toll-Free Phone: 800-500-3910
  • AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
    (800) 878-6267, (414) 225-1578. Dedicated to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly in employment, housing, and health.
  • Bar Association Free Legal Clinic
    Volunteer attorneys and paralegals meet with visitors for 15 minutes and answer legal and procedural questions.
  • CASA for Kids
    (608) 781-2783 Provide court-based advocacy for children who are under court jurisdiction due to abuse or neglect.
  • Catholic Charities of La Crosse
    (888) 212-4357. Legal services to immigrants.
  • Family Law Information Center
    (608) 785-5886. Volunteer attorneys and lay persons assist pro se litigants by directing them to resources and assisting with but not filling out pro se family law forms.
  • Foreclosure Mediation Program
    (608) 785-5810 Assists homeowners facing a mortgage foreclosure action in La Crosse County. Mediation is a confidential process where you and the lender seeking to foreclose on your home may discuss ways to resolve your foreclosure case, including reinstatement of the loan and modification of the loan terms.
  • Free Legal Services
    Family law, child support.
  • Law Library, La Crosse Public Library
    (608) 789-7100 Provides primary law reference materials, such as Wisconsin and Federal statutes and opinions. Also includes consumer oriented titles, State Bar of Wisconsin books, and Wisconsin Pleading and Practice. Provides access to WestlawNext.
  • New Horizons Advocacy Program
    (888) 231-0066, (608) 791-2610 ext. 1303. Services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
  • Victim/Witness Assistance Program
    (608) 785-9608 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.

Forms & Guides

Ordinances & Rules

Ask a Question Top of Page