Questions? Ask a Librarian
County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support Agency
Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket.
- Circuit Court
- Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
- District Attorney
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Order birth, death and marriage records. Search county death and birth indexes.
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Directory
Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
Forms & Guides
- Marriage License Information (County Clerk)
- Small Claims
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Langlade County.
- Vital Records
- Death, Birth, Marriage Certificates (Register of Deeds)
Ordinances & Rules
- Directory of Self-Help Legal Resources in WI Counties (WI Court System)
- WI Law Libraries Open to the Public (LLAW)