Questions? Ask a Librarian
County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support Agency
Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket.
- Circuit Court
- Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- Corporation Counsel
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
- District Attorney
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Order birth, death and marriage records. Search county death and birth indexes.
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Directory
- Foreclosure Mediation Program
(920) 737-4861 Assists qualified homeowners in communicating with lenders to discuss settlement alternatives early in the foreclosure process with the goal of reducing the number of foreclosures.
Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Langlade County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 627-6269 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(715) 627-6215 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
Forms & Guides
- Marriage License Information (County Clerk)
- Small Claims
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Langlade County.
- Vital Records
- Death, Birth, Marriage Certificates (Register of Deeds)
Ordinances & Rules