Questions? Ask a Librarian
County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support Agency
Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket
- Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- Corporation Counsel
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
- District Attorney
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Directory
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
(800) 878-6267 Provides legal consultation and information to people affected by HIV and AIDS in southern Wisconsin, including Richland County.
- Court & Community, Inc
(608) 647-5981 ext. 2 Provides a free "advice-only" legal clinic and programs on juvenile community service placements and small claims mediation.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
800-873-0927 Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters.
Forms & Guides
- Marriage License Information (County Clerk)
- Small Claims
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Richland County.
Ordinances & Rules