County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support Agency
- Circuit Court/Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- Corporation Counsel
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, elections and voter registration, and county government records
- District Attorney
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
Local Phone: 608-637-5201
Toll-Free Phone: 888-637-1323
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
(800) 878-6267, (414) 225-1578. Dedicated to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly in employment, housing, and health.
- CASA for Kids
Provide court-based advocacy for children who are under court jurisdiction due to of abuse or neglect.
- Center Point Counseling
(608) 638-7420 Provides mediation services for family law cases.
- Domestic Abuse Project – Family & Children’s Center
(608) 637-7052 Provides a trained, experienced advocate for individuals experiencing domestic violence
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(608) 637-5340 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(855) 947-2527, (608) 785-2809 Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters.
- Vernon County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(608) 637-5357 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
Forms & Guides
- Court Procedures
- Mediation: How Can It Work for You? (Clerk of Court)
- Marriage License Information (County Clerk)
- Restraining Orders
- Restraining Orders (Clerk of Court)
Learn how to file an individual at risk, harassment, domestic abuse, or child abuse restraining order.
- Small Claims
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Vernon County.
- Traffic Citations (Clerk of Court)
Ordinances & Rules