Questions? Ask a Librarian
County Legal Resources
Information by County
- Child Support Agency
Services to help you establish or enforce child support, set up income withholding, intercept income tax refunds, get liens against property, collect child support from a parent living in another state, and establish paternity. Child support lien docket
- Circuit Courts
- Clerk of Courts
Court forms; court records for civil, criminal, family, traffic and ordinance cases; civil judgment and lien docket; pay fees online; jury information
- Corporation Counsel
- County Clerk
Marriage licenses, domestic partnership information; elections and voter registration, and county government records
- Family Court Commissioner
- Register in Probate
Adoptions, civil commitments, estates and trust, guardianship and probate
- Register of Deeds
Birth, marriage and death records; real estate records; termination of decedent's property interest; and register firm names
- Sheriff's Department
County law enforcement; operation of the county jail; execution or service of legal documents including restraining orders, evictions, repossessions, and foreclosure sales; execution of criminal warrants
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Directory
- CAP Services
(715) 256-1136 or (800) 472-3377 Assistance for low-income individuals and victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Foreclosure Mediation Program
Assists homeowners facing a mortgage foreclosure action in Waupaca County. Mediation is a confidential and voluntary process where you and the lender seeking to foreclose on your home may discuss ways to resolve your foreclosure case, including reinstatement of the loan and possible modification of the loan terms.
Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
- Northern Wisconsin Legal Advice Project
Northern Wisconsin Legal Advice Project is a special service of Wisconsin Judicare, Inc., for eligible clients who have legal questions which can be addressed through Internet legal advice.
- Waupaca County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 258-6445 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
Forms & Guides
- Court Procedures
- Jury Service (Clerk of Court)
- Domestic Partnership
- Domestic Partnership Information (County Clerk)
- Marriage License Information (County Clerk)
- Small Claims
- Small Claims (Clerk of Court)
- Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Actions (WI Court System)
Step by step guide to small claims actions in Waupaca County.
- Vital Records
- Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificate Application (Register of Deeds)
Ordinances & Rules