Questions? Ask a Librarian
Foster Care & Child Welfare Services
- WI Dept. of Children & Families
- Child Welfare Program
Information (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Access statistics & the federal evaluation of the state's child welfare systems.
- Children's Bureau,
U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
Federal law, Child Welfare Policy Manual, reviews of state child welfare services, etc.
- Children's Service
Society of Wisconsin
Support services for Treatment Foster Care, home-based care for children & adolescents with significant emotional, behavioral or medical problems.
- Help for Foster and Adoptive Families (AdoptUSKids.org)
FAQs, how to adopt or become a foster parent, information for LGBT families, military families, minority families. Includes Wisconsin contact information, costs, and licensing.
- WI Foster Care & Adoption Resource Center
- Forms (WI Court System)
Federal & state statistics and reports on children and their families. Includes statistics on population & family characteristics, economic security, health, behavior & social environment, and education.
- Kids Count Data
State statistics on education, health and economic conditions. Generate custom graphs, maps, ranked lists, and state-by-state profiles.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: ch. 48, sub. ch. 12 - sub. ch. 13 Child Welfare Services/Agencies
- WI Statutes: ch. 48, sub. ch. 14 "Foster Homes and Treatment Foster Homes"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 37 "Information to be Provided to Foster Parents"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 56 "Foster Home Care for Children"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.