Questions? Ask a Librarian
- European Union
- Organization of American States
- Union of International Associations
- United Nations
- U.S. Dept. of State
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- World Trade Organization
- Avalon Project: Documents in Law, History and Diplomacy
Provides the full text of international agreements from the 18th century to the present.
- Hague Conventions (Hague Conference on Private International Law)
- Lex Mercatoria: Treaties
- Multilaterals Project: Treaties & Convention Sources (Tufts Univ. Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy)
- Reference Guide to the Geneva Conventions (Society of Professional Journalists)
- Treaties (Law Library of Congress)
- Treaties in Force (U.S. Dept. of State)
Publication which details U.S. treaties and international agreements in force as of January 1 of each year.
- United Nations Treaty
Includes: Status of Multilateral Treaties Deposited With the Secretary-General; United Nations Treaty Series (texts plus cumulative index); Texts of Recently Deposited Multilateral Treaties; Photographs of Signature Ceremonies; etc.
- Major Treaties
- Courts & Tribunals
- i.lex (American Society of International Law)
Select U.S. Court cases and related materials for understanding interpretation and application of international law in U.S. Courts.
Dept. of State)
Information for those living or traveling abroad.
- World Factbook of Criminal Justice Systems (U.S. Dept. of Justice. Bureau of Justice Statistics)
- U.S. Constitution: Article III "The Judiciary"
- Constitutions, Laws, etc.
- Articles & Tutorials
- International Legal Research Tutorial (Duke University)
- Researching U.S. Treaties and Agreements (LLRX article, 2005)
- Researching Non-U.S. Treaties (LLRX article, 2001)
- United Nations Documentation Research Guide: International Law
- United Nations Documentation Research Guide: Treaties
- Congressional Research Service Reports
- Guides & Databases
- ASIL Guide to Electronic
Resources for International Law (American Society of International
Guides for research on human rights, commercial arbitration, criminal, economic, environmental, private international law, and treaties.
- Comparative & Foreign Law (LLRX)
- Foreign Law Guide (Reynolds & Flores)
- Foreign Relations & International Law (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- Foreign & International Law on the Internet: Annotated (Cornell Law Library)
- Global Legal Information Network
International law research
- Guide to Foreign and International Legal Databases (NYU Law Library)
- International Research Resources by Subject (University of Illinois Gov't Documents Library)
- Lex Mercatoria
to the World (Library of Congress)
Links to resources on government, politics and law; embassies; business, commerce and economy; media and communications; and organizations
- Primer on the Civil Law System (Federal Judicial Center)
- Treaties: Legal Guides (Law Library of Congress)
- United Nations System Pathfinder: International Law
- ASIL Guide to Electronic Resources for International Law (American Society of International Law)
Last Updated: April 8, 2013 | Up to Top