Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Blood/Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Calculator (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- WI Victim
Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice)
Programs serving survivors of drunk driving victims. Directories include county, state, and national agencies and other non-governmental agencies
- WI Victim Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice)
- Drunk Driving: Answering Your Legal Questions (State Bar of WI)
Driving in WI (WI Dept. of Transportation)
Overview of drunk driving in Wisconsin. Law pertaining to seizure or immobilization of vehicle, ignition interlock devices, occupational license eligibility, etc. on the
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- List of Approved Ignition Interlock Devices (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- Report on Ignition Interlock Devices (IID) and Vehicle Immobilization (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- Deposit/Bail/Bond Schedule (WI Court System)
Includes deposits for alcohol beverages, tobacco, and drug paraphernalia.
- The Law
(Additional statutes, regulations & opinions
may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 110.10 "Ignition Interlock Device Program"
- WI Statutes: s. 340.01(23v) "Definition: Ignition Interlock Device"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.301 "Installation of Ignition Interlock Device or Immobilization of a Motor Vehicle"
- WI Statutes: s. 347.413 "Ignition Interlock Device Tampering"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.10(5) "Restrictions and Limitations on Occupational License"
- WI Admin. Code: Trans 313 "Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Devices"
- Implied Consent and Administrative Suspension of Driver's License in Drunk Driving Cases (WI Legislative Council, 2002)
- Offenses and Penalties for OWI (WI Department of Transportation)
Sentencing Guidelines (State Bar of Wisconsin)
Some available in court rules directory.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 343.38- 343.39 "Reinstatement of Operating Privilege"
- WI Statutes: s. 346.61-346.655 "Reckless and Drunken Driving"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.303-343.305 "Tests for Intoxication"
- WI Statutes: s. 885.235 "Chemical Tests for Intoxication"
- WI Statutes: s. 940.09 "Homicide by Intoxicated Use of Vehicle or Firearm"
- WI Statutes: s. 940.25 "Injury by Intoxicated Use of a Vehicle"
- WI Statutes: s. 967.055 "Prosecution of Offenses; Operation of a Motor Vehicle or Motorboat; Alcohol, Intoxicant or Drug"
- WI Admin. Code: Trans 311 "Breath Alcohol Testing, Approval and Permit Program"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
Includes state-by-state listing of laws
- Driving Impaired: Resource Guide (National Center for State Courts)
Featured links, general resources, cellular phones, drugs and alcohol, enforcement, fatigue, model drug DUI courts, prevention, telematics.
- DUI Cases (FindLaw)
Information about the stages of the DUI case, including arrest, booking & bail, arraignment, plea bargain, preliminary hearing, pre-trial motions, trial, sentencing, appeals, expungement.
- DUI Overview (FindLaw)
Information on DUI/DWI, including state laws & penalties.
- DUI/DWI (Lawyers.com)
- How Breathalyzers Work (How Stuff Works)
Driving (Drugs & Alcohol) Safety Program (National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Resources aimed at diminishing the number of impaired driving incidents. Includes statistics, research and promotional materials.
- Q & A: Alcohol Deterrence & Enforcement (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
Recommended links from our County Resources database:
- Ignition Interlock Device Cost Reduction or Vehicle Exemption (Manitowoc Clerk of Court)
- Arrest & Bail
- Criminal Law & Procedure
- Drivers & Driving
- Legal Assistance
- Traffic Accidents
- Transportation Law
Law Review Articles
- Legislature passes tougher DUI laws; Doyle to sign measure
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Dec 16 2009
- Defense of Drunk Driving: Criminal / Civil
- Drunk Driving Defense
- Handling Drunk Driving Cases
- Intoxication test evidence
- Traffic Law & Practice in Wisconsin