Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Blood/Breath Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Calculator (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- WI Victim
Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice)
Programs serving survivors of drunk driving victims. Directories include county, state, and national agencies and other non-governmental agencies
- WI Victim Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice)
- Drunk Driving: Answering Your Legal Questions (State Bar of WI)
- Drunk Driving: Changes Made in Laws Relating to Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated (2009 Senate Bill 66) (Wisconsin Legislative Council)
Driving in WI (WI Dept. of Transportation)
Overview of drunk driving in Wisconsin. Law pertaining to seizure or immobilization of vehicle, ignition interlock devices, occupational license eligibility, etc. on the
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- List of Approved Ignition Interlock Devices (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- Report on Ignition Interlock Devices (IID) and Vehicle Immobilization (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- Deposit/Bail/Bond Schedule (WI Court System)
Includes deposits for alcohol beverages, tobacco, and drug paraphernalia.
- The Law
(Additional statutes, regulations & opinions
may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 110.10 "Ignition Interlock Device Program"
- WI Statutes: s. 340.01(23v) "Definition: Ignition Interlock Device"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.301 "Installation of Ignition Interlock Device or Immobilization of a Motor Vehicle"
- WI Statutes: s. 347.413 "Ignition Interlock Device Tampering"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.10(5) "Restrictions and Limitations on Occupational License"
- WI Admin. Code: Trans 313 "Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Devices"
- Implied Consent and Administrative Suspension of Driver's License in Drunk Driving Cases (WI Legislative Council, 2002)
- Offenses and Penalties for OWI (WI Department of Transportation)
Sentencing Guidelines (State Bar of Wisconsin)
Some available in court rules directory.
- Resource Center on Impaired
Driving (University of Wisconsin Law School)
Access full-text state & federal case law, information on legislative actions, and reports published by the Center.
- WI OWI Statutes (University
of WI Law School)
Access statutes relating to crimes against life & bodily security; tests for intoxication; operation of a motor vehicle; possession in a motor vehicle; liability of third persons; and the operation of a snowmobile, boat, or ATV while intoxicated.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 343.38- 343.39 "Reinstatement of Operating Privilege"
- WI Statutes: s. 346.61-346.655 "Reckless and Drunken Driving"
- WI Statutes: s. 343.303-343.305 "Tests for Intoxication"
- WI Statutes: s. 885.235 "Chemical Tests for Intoxication"
- WI Statutes: s. 940.09 "Homicide by Intoxicated Use of Vehicle or Firearm"
- WI Statutes: s. 940.25 "Injury by Intoxicated Use of a Vehicle"
- WI Statutes: s. 967.055 "Prosecution of Offenses; Operation of a Motor Vehicle or Motorboat; Alcohol, Intoxicant or Drug"
- WI Admin. Code: Trans 311 "Breath Alcohol Testing, Approval and Permit Program"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Driving Impaired: Resource Guide (National Center for State Courts)
Featured links, general resources, cellular phones, drugs and alcohol, enforcement, fatigue, model drug DUI courts, prevention, telematics.
- DUI Cases (FindLaw)
Information about the stages of the DUI case, including arrest, booking & bail, arraignment, plea bargain, preliminary hearing, pre-trial motions, trial, sentencing, appeals, expungement.
- DUI Overview (FindLaw)
Information on DUI/DWI, including state laws & penalties.
- DUI/DWI (Lawyers.com)
Laws (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Breathalyzers Work (How Stuff Works)
Driving (Drugs & Alcohol) Safety Program (National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Resources aimed at diminishing the number of impaired driving incidents. Includes statistics, research and promotional materials.
- Q & A: Alcohol Deterrence & Enforcement (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)