Search & Seizure
- Fourth Amendment (Legal Informaiton Institute)
Cites to case law concerning search and seizure issues including probable cause, particularity, property subject to seizure, execution of warrants, border searches, "plain view", public schools, government offices, electronic surveillance, and the exclusionary rule.
- Online Privacy: Social Media, E-mail Warrant Search, and Customer Data (WI Legislative Reference Bureau)
- Search, Seizure, and Interrogations (Nolo.com)
- Search and Seizure (WI Legislative Reference Bureau)
- Search and Seizures: The Limitations of the Police (FindLaw)
- Searching and Seizing Computers and Obtaining Electronic Evidence in Criminal Investigations (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Constitution: Article 1, sec. 11
- WI Statutes: s. 23.59 - 23.61 Conservation: Search & Seizure
- WI Statutes: s. 946.76 "Search Warrant; Premature Disclosure"
- WI Statutes: s. 968.10 - 968.256 Search & Seizure; Search Warrants
- On Point Case Summaries (2010-) (WI State Public Defender)
- U.S. Constitution: Amendment 4
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 981-986 "Forfeiture"
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 2231-2236 "Searches and Seizures"
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 3101-3118 "Searches and Seizures"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.