Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Evidence (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to federal rules and opinions
- Physical Evidence Handbook (WI State Crime Laboratory)
- Proving Criminal
Guilt or Innocence (Nolo.com)
Discusses lie detector tests, dna evidence, fingerprint evidence, common defenses to criminal charges, defendant's mental state, accomplices, etc.
- Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence (Federal Judicial Center, 2000)
- Use of DNA Evidence in Criminal Proceedings (WI Legislative Council, 2000)
- Expert Witnesses, Private Investigators & Legal Consultants (Washburn School of Law)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: Ch. 885 "Witnesses & Oral Testimony"
- WI Statutes: Ch. 889 "Documentary and Record Evidence"
- WI Statutes: Ch. 901-911 "Evidence"
- WI Statutes: Ch. 907 "Evidence: Opinions & Expert Testimony"
- On Point Case Summaries (2010-) (WI State Public Defender)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Law Review Articles
- Daubert Rule Arrives in Wisconsin
The Third Branch (Winter 2011)
- Daubert Standard in Wisconsin: A Primer
84 Wis Lawyer 3 (Mar 2011)
- DNA Evidence Changes for Whom the Statutes Toll
Trial 40:2 (Feb 2004) 12(3)
- Electronic Evidence in the 21st Century
77 Wis Lawyer 7 (July 2004)
- Expert Testimony & the Relevancy Rule in the Age of Daubert
Marquette L. Rev. 90:2 (Winter 2006)
- Presenting Electronic and Computer Forensics Evidence in Court
State Bar News, April 30, 2010
- Thinking Outside the 'Business Records' Box: Evidentiary Foundations for Computer Records
81 Wis Lawyer 2 (Feb 2008)
- Arkfeld on electronic discovery and evidence
- Evidence: Strategies for Finding; Preserving & Using Evidence to Support Your Case
- Fine's Wisconsin Evidence: a Quick Guide to Courtroom Evidence
- McCormick on Evidence
- Wisconsin Evidence
- Wisconsin Rules of Evidence: a Courtroom Handbook