Questions? Ask a Librarian
Land Use / Zoning
- Guide to Community Planning in Wisconsin, by Brian Ohm (Shaping Dane)
- Land Use (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to U.S. Constitution, federal statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Understanding Wisconsin Township, Range, and Section Land Descriptions (WI Geological & Natural History Survey)
Handbook to assist zoning boards in exercising their responsibilities. Discusses zoning board procedures & standards and how board decisions must comply with such procedures & standards.
- Zoning Legal
Captions (League of Wisconsin Municipalities)
Captions of legal opinions since 1997 with notes and comments written by League staff attorneys
- Zoning Forms from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: ch. 59 "Counties", sub. ch. 7 "Land Use, Information and Regulation, Environmental Protection, Surveys, Planning and Zoning"
- WI Statutes: ch. 60 "Towns", sub. ch. 8 "Land Use and Planning
- WI Statutes: s. 61.35, 61.351, 61.354 "Village Planning, ..."
- WI Statutes: s. 62.23, 62.231, 62.234 "City Planning, ..."
- WI Statutes: ch. 236 "Platting Lands and Recording and Vacating Plats"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
- American Law of Zoning
- Institute on Planning, Zoning and Eminent Domain
- Zoning in Wisconsin
- Zoning Law and Practice