Questions? Ask a Librarian
Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Admiralty (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links to federal statutes, regulations, and judicial opinions & rules.
- Admiralty and Maritime Law (HG.org)
- Admiralty and Maritime Law (Lawyers.com)
Includes cruise ships & maritime injuries.
- Agencies / Organizations
- Glossary of Shipping Terms (U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Maritime Administration)
- International Tribunal for
the Law of the Sea (United Nations)
Judgments and resolutions.
- Oceans and Law of the Sea (United Nations)
Conventions & related agreements, UN documents, coastal state legislation & treaties regarding maritime boundaries, etc.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- U.S. Code: Title 14 "Coast Guard"
- U.S. Code: Title 28, sec. 1333 "Admiralty, Maritime and Prize Cases"
- U.S. Code: Title 33 "Navigation and Navigable Waters"
- U.S. Code: Title 46 "Shipping"
- CFR Title 33 "Navigation & Navigable Waters"
- CFR Title 46 "Shipping"
- Navigation Rules: International & Inland (U.S. Coast Guard)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Law Review Articles
- Maritime Duty to Rescue in Wisconsin
Wis. Bar Bulletin 61 n5 (May 1988) p8
Journals & Legal Databases
- Hein Online
- Journal of Maritime Law & Commerce
- Legal Index to Periodicals
- Tulane Maritime Law Journal