Questions? Ask a Librarian
Advanced Planning for Health Care
- Advance Directives for Health Care: Wisconsin Living Will & Power of Attorney for Health Care (Univ. of WI-Extension Coop. Extension)
- Advanced Directives: Resources (Medline Plus)
- Living Wills and Medical Powers of Attorney (Nolo.com)
Includes information about what you can cover in your health care directives, duty of medical personnel to honor your directives, organ & body donation, etc.
of Wisconsin's Living Will and Power of Attorney for Health Care (GWAAR)
Compares Declaration to Physicians (Ch. 154, Wis. Stats.) and Power of Attorney for Health Care (Ch. 155, Wis. Stats.)
- Consumer Guide
to Health Care: Legal Help & Forms (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Information & forms pertaining to living wills.
- Consumer's Tool
Kit for Health Care Advance Planning (American Bar Association)
Tool kit contains self-help worksheets, suggestions & resources for assisting you in discovering, clarifying & communicating what is important to you if you should face a serious illness. Ten tools are included in the kit:
- How to select your health care agent or proxy
- Are some conditions worse than death?
- How do you weigh odds of survival?
- Personal priorities & spiritual values important to your medical decisions
- After death decisions to think about now
- Conversation scripts : getting past the resistance
- "Proxy IQ test" for family or physician
- What to do after signing your health care advance directive
- Guide for health care proxies
- Resources for advance planning for health care.
- Health Care: Answering Your Legal Questions (State Bar of WI)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Law Review Articles
- Advance Directives for Medical and Psychiatric Care
Medical Trial Technique Quarterly 55.1 (Fall 2008)
- Compliance with Advance Directives: Wrongful Living and Tort Law Incentives
Jnl of Legal Medicine 29.2 (Apr-Je 2008)
- Designating Health Care Decision-makers for Patients without Advance Directives
Georgia Law Rev 42.4 (Summ 2008)
- Advance Directives
- Advising Older Clients & Their Families
- Durable Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives