Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Agencies & Organizations
- CWAG Prescription Drug Information Center (Coalition of WI Aging Groups)
Prescription drug information on over 24,000 medications.
- Prescription Drug Helpline for Medicare Beneficiaries (Coalition of WI Aging Groups)
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare.gov)
- Resources on the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit (Kaiser Family Foundation)
Care (WI Legislative Reference Bureau, May 2002)
Brief information about the Wisconsin prescription drug program & law
Prescription Drugs for Wisconsin Seniors (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Wisconsin's prescription drug assistance program for residents who are 65 years or older & who meet eligibility guidelines.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Buying Medicines and Medical Products Online
Provides official information about FDA-approved brand name & generic drugs. Search by drug name or active ingredient. Browse by drug name.
- Reporting Unlawful Sales of Medical Products on the Internet
Online form to report websites conducting illegal sales of human & animal drugs.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 49.688 "Prescription Drug Assistance for Elderly Persons"
- WI Statutes: ch. 49, sub. ch. 4 and 5 "Medical Assistance and Other Support and Medical Programs"
- WI Statutes: ch. 450 "Pharmacy Examining Board"
- WI Statutes: s. 943.38 "Forgery"
- WI Statutes: ch. 961 "Uniform Controlled Substances Act"
- WI Admin. Code: ch. DHS 109 "Senior Care"
- WI Admin. Code: ch. DHS 107 "Medical Assistance: Covered Services"
- WI Admin. Code: ch. Med 17 "Standards for Dispensing and Prescribing Drugs"
- WI Admin. Code: ch. Phar 1-17 "Pharmacy Examining Board"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.