- Health Information Privacy (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, Office of Civil Rights - HIPAA)
- Health Privacy (Center for Democracy & Technology)
Access federal law, bills & commentary on pending legislation. Read summaries of individual state's laws. View fact sheets, articles & reports on health privacy.
- HIPAA (WI Dept. of Health Services)
- HIPAA Information (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- HIPAACOW (HIPAA Collaborative of Wisconsin)
Nonprofit for covered entities, business associates or trading partners under HIPAA.
- myPHR Personal Health Record (American Health Information Management Association)
A guide to understanding and managing your personal health information.
- Obtaining Medical Information (Legal Assistant Today, 2007)
Information and forms.
- Portability of Health Coverage (HIPAA) (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- Retention and Disposal
- Disposal of Medical Records (WI Dept. of Health Services)
- Electronic Health Records (American Health Information Management Assn.)
- Retention & destruction of health information (AHIMA)
- Student Health Care Records Retention (WI Dept. of Public Instruction)
- WI Statutes s. 146.817 "Preservation of Fetal Monitoring Tracings and Microfilm Copies"
- WI Admin Code DE 8 Patient Dental Record Retention
- WI Admin. Code DHS 92.12 Mental Health Records Retention
- WI Admin. Code DHS 124.14 Hospital Records
- WI Admin. Code DHS 124.17 Lab Reports
- WI Admin. Code DHS 124.18 Radiology
- WI Admin. Code DHS 132.45 Nursing Home Records
- WI Admin. Code MED 21 "Patient Health Care Records"
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 51.30(4) "Access to Registration and Treatment Records"
- WI Statutes: s. 134.97 "Disposal of Records Containing Personal Information"
- WI Statutes: s. 146.81 - 146.84 Health Care Records
- WI Statutes: s. 146.83 "Access to Patient Health Care Records"
- WI Statutes: s. 146.83(3f) Record Copy Fees
- WI Statutes: s. 153.50 - 153.55 "Protection of Patient Confidentiality"
- WI Statutes: s. 610.70 "Disclosure of Personal Medical Information"
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 92 " Confidentiality of Treatment Records"
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 94 "Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.