Food & Nutrition Programs
- Food & Nutrition Service (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture)
Dept. of Health Services
Nutrition & hunger relief programs administered by the Department including the Elderly Nutrition Program, Emergency Food Assistance Program, WIC, FoodShare, etc.
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- WIC (U.S. Dept. of
Federal supplemental nutrition program. Includes studies & reports, program data, and more.
WIC Program (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Supplemental nutrition program for nutritionally at-risk pregnant & postpartum women, infants and children. Includes income eligibility guidelines, types of benefits received, nutrition information, and links to other local programs.
- WIC (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture)
- Food Stamps
- Food Stamps Overview (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- Food Stamps & Other
Nutrition Programs (U.S. Social Security Administration)
Who may qualify for food stamps and how to apply.
- FoodShare Wisconsin (WI
Dept. of Health Services)
Wisconsin's food stamp program. Site contains publications information on where to apply, and information about the Quest Card.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 49.79 - 49.797 Food Stamps
- WI Admin. Code: HA 3 "Procedure and Practice for Fair Hearings"
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 149 “The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)”
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 252 "Electronic Benefit Transfer"
- U.S. Code: 7 USC 2011-2036 "Food Stamp Program"
- U.S. Code: 42 USC 1771 - 1791 "Child Nutrition"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.