Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Agencies / Organizations
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
Safety recommendations issued since 1967 concerning safety issues in aviation, rail, highway, marine and pipeline.
- U.S. Dept. of Transportation
- WI Dept. of Transportation
- Aviation Resources (WI Dept. of Transportation)
- Regulations & Policies (FAA)
- Rules, Guidelines, and Enforcement Orders (U.S. DOT, Aviation Consumer Protection & Enforcement)
- WI Statutes: ch. 114 "Aeronautics and Astronautics"
- Bicycles / Bicyclists
- WI Bicycle Laws (WI Bicycle Federation)
- Highways and Motor
Vehicles (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Commentary with links federal statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (US Dept. of Transportation)
- Traffic Resource Center (US Dept. of Transportation and National Center for State Courts)
Case citations and article recommendations arranged by topic. Includes FAQs and other information for judges and other court officials.
- Wisconsin Highways
Current and historical information related to Wisconsin's highways.
Facts (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
Motor vehicle-related deaths are arranged by categories which include: alcohol, bicycle, children, elderly, large trucks, motorcycles, passenger vehicles, pedestrians, roadside hazards, teenagers. A general analysis & state-by-state statistics are included
- Highway Statistics (U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration)
Transportation Statistics (U.S. Bureau of Transportation
Annual report providing over 200 tables of data on the transportation network; accidents, crashes, fatalities & injuries; relationship between transportation & the economy; and transportation energy use & environmental concerns.
- TranStats (U.S.
Bureau of Transportation Statistics)
The Data Library may be explored by Mode, Subject, or Agency.
Modes include: Aviation, Maritime, Highway, Transit, Rail, Pipeline, Bike/Pedestrian.
Subjects include: Safety, Energy, Freight Transport, Environment, Passenger Travel, National Security, Infrastructure, Economic/Financial, Social/Demographic
- WisTransPortal Project (WI Traffic Operations and Safety Laboratory)
Request traffic crash record data from all reported crashes occurring in Wisconsin since 1994.
- Fatality Facts (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: ch. 82 "Town Highways"
- WI Statutes: ch. 83 "County Highways"
- WI Statutes: ch. 84 "State Trunk Highways; Federal Aid"
- WI Statutes: ch. 85 "Department of Transportation"
- WI Statutes: ch. 86 " Miscellaneous Highway Provisions"
- WI Admin. Code: Trans 1-512 "Dept. of Transportation"
- U.S. Code: 23 USC "Highways"
- U.S. Code: 49 USC "Transportation"
- CFR: 23 CFR "Highways"
- CFR: 49 CFR "Transportation"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.