Questions? Ask a Librarian
- WI Tribal Courts
- Bad River Band of the Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians
- Forest County Potawatomi
- Ho-Chunk Nation
- La Courte Oreilles
- Lac du Flambeau
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
- Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin
- Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- St. Croix Tribal Court
- Sokaogon Chippewa Community
- Stockbridge-Munsee Community Band of Mohican Indians
- Wisconsin Tribal Courts
- Other Courts
- Tribal Court Decisions (Tribal Court Clearinghouse)
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council
- Tribes of Wisconsin (WI Dept. of Administration)
Profiles of tribes including history, demographics, officials, and government.
- Other Tribes
- Early Recognized Treaties with American Indian Nations (University of Nebraska Libraries)
- State-Tribal Legislation (National Conference of State Legislatures)
- Native American Constitution & Law Digitization Project
Cohen’s Handbook of Federal Indian Law. Kappler’s Indian Affairs: Law & Treaties.
- Native American Legal Materials Collection (WI State Law Library)
- Seminal Supreme Court Cases Regarding Federal Indian Law, 1800- (WI Judicare, Inc. Indian Law Office)
- Treaties Between the United States and Native Americans (Yale Law School)
- Tribal Codes & Constitutions (Tribal Law & Policy Institute)
- Tribal Court Clearinghouse
Tribal and federal law. Information on various legal topics.
- Wisconsin Judicare
Federal laws, treaties, U.S. Supreme Court decisions, and other resources.
- U.S. Code: 18 USC "Laws Governing"
- U.S. Code: 25 USC "Indians"
- CFR: 25 CFR "Indians"
- Indian Related Government Websites (WI Judicare, Inc. Indian Law Office)
- Office of Native American Programs
Inter-agency website aimed at Native Americans.
- U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- U.S. Dept. of Justice Office of Tribal Justice
- American Indians of the Pacific Northwest Digital Collection
- Frequently Asked Questions About Wisconsin Tribal Courts
- Great Lakes Indian Law Center (UW-Madison)
- Indian Land Cessions, 1784-1894
- Indian Law Resource Center
- National Congress of American Indians
- National Indian Law Library
Assists the public with their Indian law-related information needs.
- Native American Law Reviews
- Wisconsin Tribal Court Forms
Last Updated: December 9, 2013 | Up to Top