Questions? Ask a Librarian
Wiretapping & Taping Conversations
- Reporter's Recording Guide (Reporters
Committee for Freedom of the Press)
State-by-state guide to wiretapping & eavesdropping laws.
- Wiretapping & Eavesdropping on Telephone Calls (Privacy Rights Clearinghouse)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 885.365 "Recorded Telephone Conversation"
- WI Statutes:
Includes authorization for disclosure, procedures for interception, and penalties for interception of wire, electronic or oral communication
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 2510-2522 "Wire and Electronic Communications Interception and Interception of Oral Communications"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Law Review Articles
- Comprehensive Analysis of the National Security Agency's Wiretapping Program and its Correlation with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
Thomas M Cooley L Rev 24.3 (Sept 2007)
- Liability for All, Privacy for None
Valparaiso Univ L Rev 41.4 (Summ 2007)
- War of Information: the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
Univ of Penn Jnl of Constitutional Law 9.1 (Oct 2006)
- Wiretapping Before the Wires: the Post Office and the Birth of Communications Privacy
Stanford L Rev 60.2 (Nov 2007)
Journals & Legal Databases
- Hein Online
- Legal Index to Periodicals
- Univ of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Univ of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law
- Yale Journal of Law & Technology