County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Family Legal Clinic
(262) 548-7544 The center provides a public access computer and materials for legal research purposes, copy services (for a fee), and family court staff who provide assistance with court forms, procedural information, referrals to community and legal resources.
- Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Free Legal Answers Wisconsin
Free to Wisconsin residents. Ask your legal question online and volunteer attorneys may answer your question through the website provided by the State Bar of Wisconsin
- IMPACT 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 to learn about access to services and assistance in times of crisis.
- Lawyer Referral and Information Service; Waukesha Co Bar Ass'n
(262) 544-4016 Provides free over the phone referral service for anyone that has a legal question or is seeking to obtain legal counsel.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(888) 278-0633 Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics
Provides appointment-based services (some statewide) for nonprofit and small business help, adult guardianship, pardons, civil, and family issues. Some services may only be available in Milwaukee.
- Rise Law Center / Centro Legal Rise
(608) 256-1015 Multilingual law office which provides direct representation to immigrants and refugees in immigration and family law, as well as protection orders. Immigration services are offered statewide.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Request a referral to a Wisconsin attorney by calling (800) 362-9082.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(262) 548-7071 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases. Mobile victim assistance program available.