Freedom of Information
- FOIA Contacts at Federal Agencies (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
- Filing a Request
- How to Make a FOIA Request (National Security Archive, George Washington University)
- Filing a Request (Reporters
Committee for Freedom of the Press)
Guide to requesting federal government documents. Provides sample letters, forms, and directories. Includes summaries of major U.S. Supreme Court opinions that affect the Act.
- Citizen's Guide On Using the Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act of 1974 to Request Government Records (U.S. Committee on Government Reform)
- Laws and Regulations Governing the Protection of Sensitive but Unclassified Information (Library of Congress)
- National Security Archive
Independent research institute which collects & publishes declassified documents obtained via FOIA
- U.S. Dept. of Justice
- Wisconsin Freedom of Information Center
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- U.S. Code: 5 USC 552 "Public Information; Agency Rules, Opinions, Orders, Records, and Proceedings" (FOIA)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.