- Agencies / Organizations
- Consumer Financial Privacy (FDIC)
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
Pending Congressional legislation on privacy & cyber liberties View scanned images of government documents released under FOIA. Access privacy tools for email, secure instant messaging, anonymous surfing of the web, encryption, Internet filters, firewalls, cookie busters, disk erasing programs, password generators & other resources.
- Online Privacy: Social Media, E-mail Warrant Search, and Customer Data (WI Legislative Reference Bureau)
- Personal Autonomy (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- Personal Information (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- Privacy (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- Privacy: an Abbreviated Outline of Federal Statutes Governing Wiretapping and Electronic Eavesdropping (Congressional Research Service)
- Privacy & Civil Liberties (Computer
Professionals for Social Responsibility)
Includes U.S. laws, national identity schemes, fighting terrorism vs. civil liberties & privacy, etc.
- Privacy and Security (Federal Trade Commission)
- Privacy Laws in Wisconsin (Legislative Reference Bureau, 2008)
- Revenge Porn
- State laws on revenge porn (Cyber Civil Rights Initiative)
- Wis. Statute 942.09 "Representations depicting nudity"
- Federal Opinions
- The Law
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 100.525 "Telephone Records, Obtaining, Selling, or Receiving Without Consent"
- WI Statutes: s. 134.97 "Disposal of Records Containing Personal Information"
- WI Statutes: s. 134.98 "Notice of Unauthorized Acquisition of Personal Information"
- WI Statutes: s. 942.08 "Invasion of Privacy"
- WI Statutes: s. 995.50 "Right of Privacy"
- U.S. Code: 5 USC 552a "Records Maintained on Individuals" (Privacy Act)
- U.S. Code: 20 USC 1232g "Family Educational and Privacy Rights" (Student Records)
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.