Questions? Ask a Librarian
Children Home Alone
- At What Age Can a Child Legally be Left Alone? (U.S. Dept. Health & Human Services)
- Home Alone (Latchkey) Children (American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
- Is Your Family Ready for Self Care? (UW Extension)
Checklists and general tips for families and children who stay home alone.
- Kids Home Alone (City of Madison Fire Department)
Guide to help you determine if your child is ready to be home alone.
- Leaving Your Child Home Alone (Child Welfare Info Gateway)
- Protecting Your Kids When They're Home Alone (National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies)
Information on self-care options, establishing house rules & routines and safety tips.
Last Updated: December 9, 2013 | Up to Top