- Agencies / Organizations
- Adoption (WI Register in Probate Assoc.)
Stepparent, foreign, adult adoptions; mandated forms and public records FAQs.
- Adoption (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
Brief commentary with links to federal statutes, regulations & opinions
- Adoption Forms & Guides from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
- Help for Foster and Adoptive Families (AdoptUSKids.org)
FAQs, how to adopt or become a foster parent, information for LGBT families, military families, minority families. Includes Wisconsin contact information, costs, and licensing.
- Adoption Records
- Adult Adoption
- American Indian Children
- Indian Child Welfare Act Judicial Benchbook (National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges)
- Intercountry Adoption
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 48.40 - 48.975 "Termination of Parental Rights" through "Adoption of Minors; Guardianship"
- WI Statutes: s. 48.432 - 48.433 Access to Medical & Identifying Information About Parents
- WI Statutes: ch. 882 "Adoption of Adults"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 42 "State Adoption Information Center"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 50 "Facilitating the Adoption of Children with Special Needs"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 51 "Adoption of Children with Special Needs"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 53 "Adoption Information Search and Disclosure"
- U.S. Code: 42 USC 14901 - 14954 "Intercountry Adoptions"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Recommended links from our County Resources database: