Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Child Support Basics (Center for Family Policy & Practice)
- Child Support Bulletins (WI
Dept. of Children & Families)
Topical guides and policy updates.
- Child Support Information
for Employers (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Information about withholding, medical insurance, and employer responsibilities.
- Child Support Information
for Parents (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Information for enforcement actions, calculating support amounts, establishing paternity.
- Legal Custody, Physical Placement, and Child Support (WI Legislative Council)
Reviews statutory & administrative provisions governing the establishment, modification and enforcement of child support obligations.
- Child Support Lien Docket (WI Bureau of Child Support)
- Grandparent Liability: Child Support Bulletin (WI Bureau of Child Support)
- Low-Income Fathers and Child Support Debt (Center for Family Policy & Practice)
- Guide to Setting Child Support Amounts (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Includes tools to estimate child support amounts
- Complaints regarding your local child support agency
- Court Orders
- End of Support
- Ending Child Support (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Enforcement / Non-Payment
- Past-Due Support(WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Income Withholding
- Income Withholding (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Tax Intercept
Office of Child Support Enforcement
Assists front-line workers in enforcing child support payments.
- Statute of Limitations for Child Support Collection (WI Legislative Council)
- Forms, Family Law (WI Court System)
- Child Support Forms (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Child Support Forms & Guides from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
- Guides (Dept. of Children & Families)
- Child Support Services
- Employer Overview of Wisconsin's Child Support Program
- Facts About Child Support
- Facts About Paternity
- Fees & Costs
- Getting Child Support
- Guide to Getting or Paying Support
- Guide to Legal Fatherhood
- Guide to Past Due Support
- How to Appeal Cooperation Decision
- Job Loss and Child Support
- Parent & Guardian Resources
- Parents Rights / Responsibilities
- Past Due Support
- Paying Child Support
- Repaying Birth Costs
- What Happens If I Don't Pay Child Support
- When Parents Live in Other States
- Wisconsin Employer's Guide to Income Withholding
- and more!
- Guides (WI Court System)
- Military Deployment
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- Child Support Laws in Wisconsin (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Statutes: s. 49.852 - 49.858
Includes: delinquent payments, pension & other intercepts, liens against property, financial record matching program, etc.
- WI Statutes:
ch. 767 "Actions Affecting the Family"
Sections of ch. 767 affected by 2005 Wis. Act 443 are available at the end of the Act PDF
- WI Statutes: ch. 769 "Uniform Interstate Family Support Act"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 102 "Child Support Cooperation for W-2"
- WI Admin.
Code: DCF 150 "Child Support Percentage of Income Standard"
See also: Percentage Conversion Table, Percentage Worksheet, Obligation of Low-Income Payers.
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 152"Child Support Administrative Enforcement"
- WI Admin. Code: DCF 153 "Child Support Incentive Payments"
- On Point Case Summaries (2010-) (WI State Public Defender)
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 228 "Failure to Pay Legal Child Support Obligations"
- U.S. Code: 28 USC 1738B "Full Faith and for Child Support Orders"
- CFR: 45 CFR pts. 300-399 "Office of Child Support Enforcement "
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Recommended links from our County Resources database:
- Child Support (Milwaukee Justice Center (MJC))
- Child Support (Green County Family Court)
- Child Support FAQs (Fond du Lac Child Support)
- Family Court Resource Handbook (Racine Family Court Commissioner)
- Fond du Lac County Family Court Handbook (Fond du Lac Family Court Commissioner)
- Instructions for Motion to Change Custody, Placement, Support or Maintenance (Dane Clerk of Court)
- Instructions for Stipulation and Order to Change Child Support (Fond du Lac Child Support)
- Kewaunee County Family Law Handbook (Kewaunee Family Court)
- Modification/Change Legal Custody, Physical Placement, Child Support or Maintenance (Ashland Clerk of Court)
Law Review Articles
- Can financial information be withheld at a child support hearing?
MBA LRIS E- vice, Sept. 22, 2011
- Family law in Wisconsin
- Legal custody, physical placement, and child support
- New Child Support Guidelines
- Principles of the Law of Family Dissolution
Journals & Legal Databases
- Child Support: Tap the Power
- Hein Online
- Legal Index to Periodicals
- Wisconsin Journal of Family Law