Questions? Ask a Librarian
Children in Need of Protection (CHIPS)
- Child abuse and neglect program (CHIPS) (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Guide to confidentiality laws applicable to CHIPS proceedings (WI Court System)
- What is CHIPS? (WI Court System)
Part of the What's Happening in Court? children's activity book.
- Wisconsin’s Legal Guide For Grandparents & Other Relatives Raising Children (AARP)
- WI Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- WI Children's Court Improvement Project
Training site for legal professionals on children in need of protection or services and termination of parental rights court case processing.
- WI Counties
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.
- WI Statutes: ch. 48 "Children's Code"
Includes jurisdiction issues, holding a child or expectant mother in custody, court procedures, termination of parental rights, etc.
- WI Statutes: ch. 938 sub. ch. IV "Holding a Juvenile in Custody"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Child Abuse Neglect & Abandonment
- Childrens Rights
- Domestic Abuse
- Foster Care & Child Welfare Services
- Guardian ad Litem
- Juvenile Justice
- Legal Assistance
- Restraining Orders
- Termination of Parental Rights (TPR)
Law Review Articles
- Abusive Parents and Physical Placement Awards
Wis. Women's L Jnl 16:2 (Fall 2001) p287-307
- Established Relationship with Child Trumps DNA Wisconsin Court Rules
Trial 40:7 (July 2004) p98
- New Reality of CHIPS Proceedings
Wis. Lawyer 68:10 (Oct 1995)
- Prohibiting Procreation: a Step in the Right Direction to Protect the Children of Deadbeat Dads
Jnl of Law & Health 17:2 (Summer 2002) p327
- Dane County Juvenile Court Resource Booklet
- GAL Training 2008: Child Custody and Family Law
- Guardian Ad Litem Handbook
- Unborn Children in Need of Protection
- Wisconsin Juvenile Law Handbook
- Wisconsin Summit on Children and Families
Journals & Legal Databases
- Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal
- Child & Family Social Work
- Child Welfare
- Family Advocate
- Family Process
- Hein Online
- Journal of Child & Family Studies
- Juvenile & Family Court Journal
- Legal Index to Periodicals