Questions? Ask a Librarian
Children in Need of Protection (CHIPS)
- Child abuse and neglect program (CHIPS) (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
- Guide to confidentiality laws applicable to CHIPS proceedings (WI Court System)
- What is CHIPS? (WI Court System)
Part of the What's Happening in Court? children's activity book.
- Wisconsin’s Legal Guide For Grandparents & Other Relatives Raising Children (AARP)
- WI Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- WI Children's Court Improvement Project
Training site for legal professionals on children in need of protection or services and termination of parental rights court case processing.
- WI Counties
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.
- WI Statutes: ch. 48 "Children's Code"
Includes jurisdiction issues, holding a child or expectant mother in custody, court procedures, termination of parental rights, etc.
- WI Statutes: ch. 938 sub. ch. IV "Holding a Juvenile in Custody"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.