2017 Wisconsin Act 59 removes benefits to domestic partners of state and local employees under the Wisconsin Retirement System or Department of Employee Trust Funds group health insurance plan. In addition, the state will no longer accept domestic partnership registrations on or after April 1, 2018.
Read a summary of the law changes in this Inside Track article: Imminent demise: register for domestic partnership status before it disappears on April 1.
- Declaration & Termination of Domestic Partnership (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Request copies of declarations and read answers to FAQs on applying for declarations.
- Domestic Partnership Forms & Guides from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
- Family and Medical Leave Law (WI DWD)
- Termination of Domestic Partership due to Marriage and other FAQs (Dane County Clerk)
- Currently Dane and Milwaukee counties recognize opposite sex domestic partnerships (updated May 13, 2016)
- WI County Forms & Guides (County Resources - WI State Law Library)
- Copy of Declaration of Domestic Partnership (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Request a certified or uncertified copy of a domestic partnership
- Copy of Termination of Domestic Partnership (WI Dept. of Health Services)
Request a certified or uncertified copy of a domestic partnership termination
- Same Sex Marriage, Civil Unions, & Domestic Partnerships (National Conference of State Legislatures)
Quick facts and state by state overviews.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 700.19 - s. 700.24 Joint Tenancy
- WI Statutes: ch. 770 "Domestic Partnership"
- WI Statutes: s. 865.20 "Termination of Joint Tenancy or Life Estate, Probate -- Informal Administration"
- WI Statutes: s. 867.04 - s. 867.046 Joint Tenancy, Probate -- Summary Procedures
- WI Counties
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions
Recommended links from our County Resources database:
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership and Termination of Domestic Partnership FAQ's (Jefferson County Clerk)
- Domestic Partnership (Winnebago County Clerk)
- Domestic Partnership (Opposite Gender) (Dane County Clerk)
- Domestic Partnership (Same Gender) (Dane County Clerk)