Questions? Ask a Librarian
- Marital Property Questions & Answers (State Bar of WI)
- How to Divorce (Nolo.com)
Includes property division and alimony resources.
- Wisconsin's Marital Property Law: An Overview (WI Legislative Council, 1998)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 425.106(2) "Consumer Transactions; Exempt Property"
- WI Statutes: ch. 766 "Property Rights of Married Persons; Marital Property"
Statutes: s. 767.61 - 767.63 "Property Division"
Sections of ch. 767 affected by 2005 Wis. Act 443 are available at the end of the Act PDF
- WI Statutes: s. 803.04(3) "Actions Affecting Marital Property"
- WI Statutes: s. 815.18(8) "Executions; Marital Property Rights"
- WI Statute: Ch. 861, sub. ch. II "Deferred Marital Property Effective Share Amount"
- WI Statutes: s. 867.046(1m) "Summary Confirmation of Interest in Property; Upon Death"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
- Credit & Debt
- Estate Planning
- Legal Assistance
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Real Property Law
Law Review Articles
- After the Split: the Marital Property Act's Effects on Debt after Marriage
80 Wis. Lawyer 11 (Nov 2007)
- Avoid Pitfalls When Dividing Marital Assets
79 Wis Lawyer 3 (Mar 2006)
- Business Owners in Divorce: a Basic Overview
81 Wis Lawyer 6 (June 2008)
- Decade Post Button v. Button: Drafting Prenuptial Agreements
72 Wis Lawyer 7 (July 1999)
- Estate Planning for a Marital Property Interest in IRAs
73 Wis. L. Rev. 7 (July 2000)
- No Deduction for Bequest to Spouse and Charities
Estate Planning 23 n9 (Nov 1996) p438-439
- What Part of Yours is Mine? The Creation of a Marital Property Ownership Interest by Nonmarital Property?.
2005 Wis. L. Rev. 3 (May-June 2005) p855-911
- Family law in Wisconsin
- Health Care Fraud & Abuse
- Marital Property Classification Handbook
- Marital Property Law in Wisconsin
- Real Estate Transactions System
Journals & Legal Databases
- American Journal of Family Law
- Family Advocate
- Family Law Quarterly
- Hein Online
- Legal Index to Periodicals
- Real Property Probate & Trust Journal
- Wisconsin Journal of Family Law