Questions? Ask a Librarian
Prisons & Prisoners
- WI Correctional Institutions (WI Dept. of Corrections)
- WI Offender Locator (WI Dept. of Corrections)
Locate inmates in all 50 states
- BOP Inmate Locator (Federal Bureau of Prisons)
Covers all federal inmates from 1982 to present
Includes 18 states (excluding WI)
- Federal Bureau of Prisons/National Institute of Corrections Institutions & Offices
- Prisoner Rights Organizations (IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law)
Scroll down to prisoner rights organization links.
- Serving Families of Adult Offenders: A Directory of Programs (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
- State Departments of Corrections (Corrections.com)
- Family & Corrections Network
Provides information for & about families of prisoners.
- Guides from Wisconsin Counties (WI State Law Library)
Includes Huber / work release, inmate rules, special programs.
- Guidebook for Incarcerated Veterans in Wisconsin (WI Dept. of Veterans Affairs)
- Inmate Locator (Federal
Bureau of Prisons)
Provides information about visiting inmates, inmate locator information & selected inmate-related policies.
- National Institute of Corrections (U.S. Dept. of Justice)
- Navigating the Compact: Prisoner Transfers Between States (Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision)
- Prisoners' Guide to Challenging Revocation by Certiorari (LAIP)
- Prisoners' Guide to the Inmate Complaint Review System (LAIP)
- Prisoners' Guide to Prison Discipline (LAIP)
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: ch. 301-304 "Corrections"
- WI Admin. Code: DOC 302-399 "Dept. of Corrections"
- U.S. Code: Title 18, pt. 3 "Prisons and Prisoners"
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.
Recommended links from our County Resources database: