Questions? Ask a Librarian
Sexual Abuse (Medline Plus)
Provides links to information from a variety of organizations.
- Megan's Law (KlaasKids Foundation)
State-by-State explanation of how Megan's Law, requiring registration of convicted sexual offenders, works.
- Statutory Rape: A Guide to State Laws and Reporting Requirements (The Lewin Group)
- Statutory Rape in Wisconsin: History, Rationale, and the Need for Reform (Daryl J. Olszewski, Marquette Law Review)
- Child Sexual Abuse (Medline Plus)
- WI Victim & Survivor Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice)
- Find Help (WI Coalition Against Sexual Assault)
- Sexual Abuse or Violence (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime)
Links to organizations which provide services to victims of sexual assault & rape.
- WI Victim & Survivor Resource Directory (WI Dept. of Justice, Crime Victim Services)
- Secure Treatment Centers (WI Dept. of Health Services)
- Family Watchdog
National search for registered sex offenders.
- National Sex Offender Public Registry (U.S.
Dept. of Justice)
Search for sex offender information nationwide or search individual states' registries.
- Sex Offender Registration & Community
Notification Internet Access (KlaasKids Foundation)
Links to state & local registries.
- WI Most Wanted Sex Offenders
Noncompliant registered sex offenders.
- WI Sex Offender
Dept. of Corrections)
Registry of sex offenders who are required to register by law and who live, work or attend school in Wisconsin.
- Family Watchdog
- WI Coalition Against Sexual Assault
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 51.375 "Community Placement: Honesty Testing of Sex Offenders"
- WI Statutes: s. 301.132 "Honesty Testing of Sex Offenders"
- WI Statutes: s. 301.45 "Sex Offender Registration"
- WI Statutes: s. 301.46 "Access to Information Concerning Sex Offenders"
- WI Statutes: s. 304.06 (1q) "Paroles From State Prisons and House of Correction", "Serious Child Sex Offender"
- WI Statutes: s. 939.615 "Lifetime Supervision of Serious Sex Offenders"
- WI Statutes: s. 940.225 "Sexual Assault"
- WI Statutes: s. 948.02 "Sexual Assault of a Child" & s. 948.025 "Engaging in Repeated Acts of Sexual Assault of the Same Child"
- WI Statutes: s. 948.075 "Use of a Computer to Facilitate a Child Sex Crime"
- WI Statutes: s. 948.13 "Child Sex Offender Working with Children"
- WI Statutes: s. 971.17 (1j) "Commitment of Persons Found Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Disease...Sexual Assault: Lifetime Supervision"
- WI Statutes: s. 971.17 (1m) "Commitment of Persons Found Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Disease...Sexual Assault: Registration & Testing"
- WI Statutes: s. 973.176 "Child Sex Offender Working with Children"
- WI Statutes: ch. 980 "Sexually Violent Person Commitments"
- WI Admin. Code: DOC 330 "Pharmacological Treatment for Certain Child Sex Offenders"
- WI Admin. Code: DOC 332 "Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Requirements"
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 95 "Custody and Control of CH. 980, Stats., Patients"
- WI Admin. Code: DHS 98 "Field Supervision of Clients"
- WI Opinions
- On Point Case Summaries (2010-) (WI State Public Defender)
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 1466A "Obscene Visual Representations of the Sexual Abuse of Children"
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 2241-2248 "Sexual Abuse"
- U.S. Code: 18 USC 2251-2260 "Sexual Exploitation and Other Abuse of Children"
- Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Persons
- Litigating the Sexual Harassment Case
- Sex Crime Legislation
- Sex crimes and penalties in Wisconsin
- Sex offender community notification: assessing the impact in Wisconsin
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Sexual Assault Trials