Questions? Ask a Librarian
Child Labor Law
- Child Labor (WI Dept. of Workforce Development)
Assistance: Hiring Youth (U.S. Dept.
Access federal law, regulations, and publications which will help you comply with child labor laws.
- WI Workplace Safety
Teen-oriented information on wage & hours, types of jobs teens can have, how to obtain a work permit, and how to prevent injuries.
- Youth & Labor (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
Includes subtopics such as agricultural employment, door-to-door sales, employment by parents, hazardous jobs, newspaper delivery, etc.
The Law (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
- WI Statutes: s. 103.64 - 103.83 "Employment of Minors"
- WI Admin. Code: DWD 270 "Child Labor"
- U.S. Code: 29 USC 201-219 "Fair Labor Standards Act"
- CFR: 29 CFR pts. 570, 579 Child Labor... regulations, violations
Search for more statutes, regulations & opinions.