The Wisconsin State Law Library presents the information on this web site as a courtesy to you. Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of accuracy by the Library. The Wisconsin State Law Library accepts no responsibility for information found at other web sites to which we link.
The Law Library does not provide legal advice, nor should any response given or forms provided be construed or interpreted as legal advice.
The Wisconsin State Law Library is committed to using social media to promote the Library and maintain communication with its users.
We encourage you to communicate with the Library online. If you post content to the Library’s social media profiles then you are granting the Library a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use the material without payments to you. If you are not willing to grant the Library these rights, please do not contribute content to our website or social media pages. Content posted by the public is not the opinion of the Library.
The Library may alter or remove objectionable content that contains profanity, obscenity, or violence; defamatory or personal attacks; discriminatory content; threats; trademark or copyright violations; unrelated content; and any content violating the policy of the social media site or a federal, state, or local law. The Library reserves the right to deny access to Library social media sites for any member of the public who posts objectionable content.
Sharing of other social media profiles, media, or websites does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of accuracy by the Library.
Features & Accessibility
- Site developed on Bootstrap 3 framework. Bootstrap is released under the MIT license and is copyright 2014 Twitter.
- The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2011-2014 Twitter, Inc Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. (Source)
- Skip links are on every page to allow users of screen readers to skip directly to the page content
- Aims to comply with the Federal Section 508 accessibility standards for websites
- The Web site is designed to work well with a variety of current browsers and devices but will allow users of older browsers to view the site as well. If you have problems accessing or reading the site, please contact the Webmaster
- Consistent tools include:
- Quick printing button, with associated print-specific stylesheet
- Breadcrumbs for quick backward navigation
Photo & Image Credits
|Image References||Artist & Description|
|Header and footer icons, home page icons, ask a librarian icon||
Glyphicons for Bootstrap 3 provided by Glyphicons.com
Icons by Mark James
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a convenient way to keep up with new content on our website. An item in an RSS feed usually contains a headline, a link, and a summary of the story.
- Whenever you see this picture you can subscribe to that RSS feed.
- A variety of RSS readers are available.
- Once you've selected an RSS reader you're ready to go! To subscribe to our feeds, right click on any of the RSS links, select "copy shortcut," or "copy link location", and paste the URL into your newsreader or use the options on the right side of the feed.
- To get started, try this handy guide to using RSS feeds from our newsletter