The WI State Law Library is a Federal depository library
- Opinions (Google Scholar) 1791-
- Opinions (Justia) 2004-
- US Court Opinion Websites (LLSDC)
States Reports vol. 502, 1991 term-
Full-text for each volume. No search features
- Briefs Filed
by the Solicitor General
Selected briefs: 1982-1997. All briefs: July, 1998-
to Find Briefs of the U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
Includes: Case citation finder, Court rules, Oral arguments, Docket (2000-), Orders & Journal, Bar admission, Case handling guides, etc
of the Court (Supreme Court Historical Soc.)
View a timeline of justices, biographies of the current members of the court, a history of the court & information about each of the homes of the court
- Oyez: U.S. Supreme Court
Search cases by subject or term; retrieve an abstract of the case, list of participants, the audio for the oral argument and announcement, and the oral and written opinion. Access information about pending cases. Listen to oral arguments from 1995 to the present. Read biographical information on current and past justices.
- Supreme Court Database
Information on Supreme Court Cases from 1953
- Opinions: US Court of Appeals (Justia)
- Opinions (Google Scholar) 1923-
US federal district, appellate, tax and bankruptcy courts
- US Court Opinion Websites (LLSDC)
- US Reports (Library of Congress) 1791-2004
- US Reports (US Supreme Court)
Includes 1991-2011 in bound volumes and from 2012 in slip opinions.
- Court Rules (U.S. Courts)
- Federal Rules of
- PACER $
Obtain case & docket information from federal circuit, district, and bankruptcy courts. Docket information includes a claims registry, a listing of parties & participants in the case, information about the suit & dollar demand, a chronology of case events, case status, types of documents filed for certain cases, judgments, and appellate court opinions. Search PACER by specific court or use the U.S. Party/Case Index
New to PACER? Try this PACER training site.
Search for documents pulled from PACER. Not a complete duplicate of PACER records, but provides access to some files and cases for free.
- U.S. Courts: The Federal Judiciary
- Acts / Laws (Congress.gov) 1973-
- U.S. Statutes At Large v.1-18 (1789-1875)
- U.S. Statutes At Large v. 117 (2003)-
- Bills (Congress.gov)
- Current Bills by Popular Name or Subject
- History of Bills 1983-
Information as provided in the Congressional Record Index. Includes actions that are reported in the Index & reference issue, date, and pages
- U.S. Code (Cornell Legal Information Institute)
- U.S. Code, Prior editions,
1991- (U.S. House)
See also: Constitutions
- Congressional Record (Thomas)
- Congressional Hearings
- Congressional Research Service Reports
- U.S. Senate
- Committee membership lists, hearing schedules & links to committee websites
- View Senate organizational chart & hover over buttons to determine committee chairs, floor leaders, etc.; click on buttons to access related websites
- Visit the Reference section to locate general information about the Senate & the legislative process
- U.S. House
- Access Committee websites and Quick Links to membership lists, subcommittees, jurisdiction of committee, schedules, and hot topics in committee
- Obtain historical information for the 1st - the past session's Congress such as a congressional profile, member information, committee information, leaders & officers, legislative activities including roll call votes, and discharge petitions
- Visit the Rules & Procedures section to learn rules, precedents, and procedures of the House
- Get answers to FAQs about legislative
and House members.
- Voting Records
- Voting Records (Congress.gov)
- Code of Federal Regulations e-CFR Current
- Code of Federal Regulations 1996-
- Federal Register v. 59, 1994-
- Executive Orders
- Public Papers of
the Presidents of the United States (Univ. of Michigan, Hoover
Administration, 1929- )
Contains Presidential papers & speeches. Search individual volumes or across all volumes.
- Public Papers
of the U.S. Presidents (GPO Access, 1992- )
View photographs, papers & speeches. Access appendixes which list the President's daily schedule & meetings, presidential nominations, proclamations, executive orders, and other documents released by the Office of Press Secretary & published in the Federal Register.
- Weekly Comp.
of Presidential Documents 1993-
- CyberCemetery (Univ.
of N. Texas)
Permanent public access to publications & websites of defunct federal agencies & commissions
- Federal Administrative Decisions & Other Actions (Univ.
Includes links to:
- Homeland Security Digital Library
Public collection including FEMA and homeland security reports, strategy documents, and more.
- U.S. Government
Information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial & executive branches, quasi-official agencies, international organizations in which the U.S. participates, boards, commissions & committees
- White House
Federal Government News
- Link to federal government sites by branch of government
- Locate laws & treaties, statistical information, and overviews of U.S. government & its political system
- Access information about American society, arts & culture, U.S. symbols, education in the U.S., economy & trade, civil rights, and geography & travel
- Census Bureau
- Population, business, and economic statistical information
- Data is available for a variety of geographical areas and designations
- Features American FactFinder, a database that compiles a variety of censuses and surveys.
- Congress.gov (Library of Congress)
- Online source of federal legislative history
- Search for the text of current & past Congressional session's bills by
- bill number, keyword, subject, stage in the legislative process, date of introduction, or committee
- browsing bill summary & status
- Access public laws by public law number
- Locate committee reports, roll call votes, and the schedules of the House & Senate
- Search the Congressional Record
- FDLP Basic Government Publication Collection
- Vital sources of information that help clarify the workings and essential activities of the Federal Government.
- Access official federal government publications & information
- Official U.S. Government gateway
- Keyword search over 51 million federal and state web pages
- Access laws & regulations, federal forms, statistics, federal publications, searchable databases, FOIA information, federal agency news & press releases, national libraries, and directory information & national atlas/maps in the Reference Center
- View Frequently Asked Questions of the U.S. Government by topic or agency