Etiquette & Protocol
- The American flag (USA.gov)
- Flag-Lowering Orders (WI Dept. of Military Affairs)
Lists recent orders from the President of the United States and Governor of Wisconsin.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Flag Law (Congressional Research Service, 2019)
- Our Flag: Use and Customs (U.S. Government Printing Office)
- Office of the Chief of Protocol
- Protocol for the Modern Diplomat (U.S. Dept. of State)
- Wisconsin Office of the Governor Executive Orders
Executive orders may be issued regarding the display of flags.
- WI Statutes. s. 1.08 "State Flag"
- WI Statutes: s. 1.14 "Display of Flag at Public Buildings, Structures, and Facilities"
- WI Statutes: s. 5.35(1) Polling Place Requirements: National Flag
- WI Statutes: s. 84.04(4) POW/MIA Flags at Rest Areas
- WI Statutes: s. 118.06 "Flag, Pledge of Allegiance, and National Anthem"
- WI Statutes: s. 946.06 "Improper Use of the Flag"
- WI Statutes: s. 947.07 "Causing Violence or Breach of the Peace by Damaging or Destroying a U.S. Flag"
- WI Statutes: Flags index listing of statutes
- WI Admin. Code: s. Adm 2.07 "Exterior and interior displays and decorations"
- U.S. Code: Title 4 ch. 1 "The Flag"
- U.S. Code: Title 36 "Patriotic and National Observances and Ceremonies"