County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Barron County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 537-6220. Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
- Community Referral Agency
(800) 261-7233 Advocacy and services for victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin
(800) 928-8778 or (715) 736-1232. Disability Rights helps people across Wisconsin gain access to services and opportunity through its advocacy and legal expertise. Legal support addresses access, inclusion, dignity, most-integrated choices and equal rights issues.
Serves several counties. Find phone numbers on their website. Assistance in filing restraining orders, preparation for injunction court hearing and support during the hearing. Embrace also provides accompaniment advocacy to law enforcement and prosecution interviews, child forensic interviews, and work with survivors to help them understand their rights when navigating the civil and criminal court systems. Embrace can also assist with referrals to legal assistance programs.
- Indianhead Community Action Agency
Legal assistance for victims, including divorce, child custody and placement, restraining orders, unemployment compensation, fair housing.
(800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(715) 537-6265 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Restorative Justice Program
Program offers victim offender conferencing, family conferencing, a youth restitution program and a youth educational shoplifting prevention program.
- Volunteer Guardian Program