County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
Local Phone: 608-785-5700
Toll-Free Phone: 800-500-3910
- Bar Association Free Legal Clinic
Volunteer attorneys and paralegals meet with visitors for 15 minutes and answer legal and procedural questions.
- CASA for Kids
(608) 781-2783 Provide court-based advocacy for children who are under court jurisdiction due to abuse or neglect.
- Catholic Charities of La Crosse
(888) 212-4357. Legal services to immigrants.
- Family Law Information Center
(608) 785-5886. Volunteer attorneys and lay persons assist pro se litigants by directing them to resources and assisting with but not filling out pro se family law forms.
- Law Library, La Crosse Public Library
(608) 789-7100 Provides primary law reference materials, such as Wisconsin and Federal statutes and opinions. Also includes consumer oriented titles, State Bar of Wisconsin books, and Wisconsin Pleading and Practice. Provides access to WestlawNext.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- New Horizons Advocacy Program
(888) 231-0066, (608) 791-2610 ext. 1303. Services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(608) 785-9608 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.