Wisconsin State Law Library

Serving the Wisconsin Supreme Court and State of Wisconsin

Skip to content

Website Catalog

County Legal Resources

Skip to related topics, library resources, and law review articles

Information by County

Agencies Legal Assistance Forms & Guides Ordinances & Court Rules


Legal Assistance Organizations

  • Aging and Disability Resource Center
    (877) 416-7083
  • Domestic Violence Center
    (920) 684-5770 (24-hour crisis line) Provides shelter, crisis intervention, and supportive services for survivors of domestic and sexual abuse and their families.
  • Foreclosure Mediation Program
    (920) 683-4025 or (920) 236-4925 Assists homeowners facing a mortgage foreclosure action in Manitowoc County. Mediation is a confidential and voluntary process where the homeowner and the lender seeking to foreclose may discuss ways to resolve the foreclosure case.
  • Judicare
    (800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
  • Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
    (920) 683-4025 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
  • Legal Action of Wisconsin
    (800) 236-1127, (855) 947-2527 Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters
  • LIFT Wisconsin
    Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
  • Manitowoc County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
    (920) 683-4074 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
Ask a Question Top of Page