County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
(800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(715) 261-1300 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Restorative Justice Program
Program offers victim offender conferencing, family conferencing, a youth restitution program and a youth educational shoplifting prevention program.
- Rise Law Center / Centro Legal Rise
(608) 256-1015 Multilingual law office which provides direct representation to immigrants and refugees in immigration and family law, as well as protection orders. Immigration services are offered statewide.
- Victim/Witness Program
- Women's Community
(715) 842-7323, (888) 665-1234 Counseling and other services for victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault.