County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
(800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(715) 369-6157 or (715) 369-6200 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Oneida County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 369-6133 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
- Tri-County Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Inc.
(800) 236-1222 or (715) 362-6841 Provides shelter, crisis intervention, and support services for victims of domestic abuse and sexual abuse and their families.
- Tri-County Foreclosure Mediation Program
(715) 369-6240 Assists homeowners facing a mortgage foreclosure action in Forest, Vilas, and Oneida Counties. Mediation is a confidential and voluntary process where the homeowner and the lender seeking to foreclose may discuss ways to resolve the foreclosure case, including reinstatement of the loan and modification of the loan terms.