Wisconsin State Law Library

Serving the Wisconsin Supreme Court and State of Wisconsin

Skip to content

Website Catalog

County Legal Resources

Skip to related topics, library resources, and law review articles

Information by County

Agencies Legal Assistance Forms & Guides Ordinances & Court Rules


Legal Assistance Organizations

  • Aging and Disability Resource Center
    (866) 739-2372
  • CAP Services
    (800) 472-3377 Assistance for low-income individuals undergoing a family crisis and victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
  • Family Court Program
    (920) 832-5660
    Mediation and evaluation services to parents who are unable to resolve legal custody, placement and visitation
  • Foreclosure Mediation Program
    (920) 236-4925 Outagamie County's foreclosure mediation program is administered by the Winnebago Conflict Resolution Center, Inc. and is part of the Wisconsin Foreclosure Mediation Network. The Program is available to assist homeowners facing a mortgage foreclosure action in Outagamie County.
  • Free Legal Answers Wisconsin
    Free to Wisconsin residents. Ask your legal question online and volunteer attorneys may answer your question through the website provided by the American Bar Association.
  • Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
    (920) 832-5131 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
  • Lawyers for Learners
    Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
  • Legal Action of Wisconsin
    (855) 947-2529, (800) 236-1128, (920) 233-6521. Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
  • Legal Research, Appleton Public Library
    (920) 832-6173 Provides access to Westlaw on one computer and a collection of law-related books, including titles published by the State Bar of Wisconsin.
  • LIFT Wisconsin
    Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
  • Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics
    Provides appointment-based services (some statewide) for nonprofit and small business help, adult guardianship, pardons, civil, and family issues. Some services may only be available in Milwaukee.
  • Outagamie County Bar Association Legal Clinic
    First and Third Mondays of each month from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Outagamie County courthouse.
  • Rise Law Center / Centro Legal Rise
    (608) 256-1015 Multilingual law office which provides direct representation to immigrants and refugees in immigration and family law, as well as protection orders. Immigration services are offered statewide.
  • Self-Help Center
    Contact the Self-Help Center to confirm hours of availability at 920-968-2965 or the Family Court Commissioner's Office at 920-832-5057. Assistance for individuals in stipulated divorce actions. Staffed by a coordinator and non-attorney volunteers.
  • State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
    Request a referral to a Wisconsin attorney by calling (800) 362-9082.
  • Victim/Witness Assistance Program
    (920) 832-4615 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.
Ask a Question Top of Page