County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
Benefits, long term care, senior services, prevention and wellness information and activities.
- Family Service of Racine
- IMPACT 2-1-1
Dial 2-1-1 to learn about access to services and assistance in times of crisis.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(800) 242-5840, (855) 947-2529 Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Racine County Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(262) 636-3858 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases. Early response program is available.