County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Free Legal Answers Wisconsin
Free to Wisconsin residents. Ask your legal question online and volunteer attorneys may answer your question through the website provided by the American Bar Association.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(920) 459-3063 or (920) 459-3094 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- Lawyers for Learners
Lawyers for Learners partners with colleges across Wisconsin to connect students and community members with free legal help. Virtual or in-person help may include criminal background and arrest records; records from civil and municipal court proceedings, such as retail theft citations and debt judgments; driver’s license recovery; rental housing issues; child support and family law issues; expungement, unemployment compensation, foreclosure, bankruptcy, victim of crime issues and consumer law. Fill out the form on their website to request an appointment.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin
(855) 947-2529, (800) 236-1128, (920) 233-6521. Provides civil legal services for WI low-income persons. Assists people with legal issues involving family law, housing matters, public benefits, and consumer matters. Only homelessness prevention cases are taken in Waupaca County.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinics
Provides appointment-based services (some statewide) for nonprofit and small business help, adult guardianship, pardons, civil, and family issues. Some services may only be available in Milwaukee.
- Salvation Army Legal Clinic
Legal consultations are available at The Salvation Army every second and fourth Thursday of each month from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sign in by 2 p.m. Located at 710 Pennsylvania Ave. (East entrance), Sheboygan.
- State Bar of Wisconsin Lawyer Referral and Information Service
Request a referral to a Wisconsin attorney by calling (800) 362-9082.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(920) 459-0380 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases