County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Indianhead Community Action Agency
Legal assistance for victims, including divorce, child custody and placement, restraining orders, unemployment compensation, fair housing.
(800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- Language Assistance Program, Clerk of Circuit Court
(715) 748-1435 The Language Assistance Plan serves to help ensure access to court services for persons with limited English proficiency (LEP). It also covers interpreter services to deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- Legal Advocate Program
Assist individuals in obtaining TRO/Injunctions in domestic abuse cases, and provide information and referral services.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Stepping Stones, Inc
(715) 748-3795 Assists individuals in obtaining temporary restraining orders (TRO)/injunctions in domestic abuse cases, and provide information and referral services.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 748-1450 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.