County Legal Resources
Information by County
Legal Assistance Organizations
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
Serves several counties. Find phone numbers on their website. Assistance in filing restraining orders, preparation for injunction court hearing and support during the hearing. Embrace also provides accompaniment advocacy to law enforcement and prosecution interviews, child forensic interviews, and work with survivors to help them understand their rights when navigating the civil and criminal court systems. Embrace can also assist with referrals to legal assistance programs.
- Indianhead Community Action Agency
Legal assistance for victims, including divorce, child custody and placement, restraining orders, unemployment compensation, fair housing.
(800) 472-1638 Legal assistance for low-income individuals. Handles cases involving bankruptcy, social security and SSI, family law, health, housing, income maintenance, wills, and Indian law.
- LIFT Wisconsin
Provides a legal tune up tool to search public data and help users resolve civil legal issues, fill out forms, and resolve issues with background check, criminal court records, and eviction court records.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Program
(715) 468-4675 Provides assistance, support and notification services to crime victims and witnesses in exercising their rights throughout the prosecution of criminal and juvenile cases.